Sunday, November 6, 2011

Let's go to Akihabara

Thursday was a national holiday, so we had no school, and we decided to venture to Akihabara, the electronics district of Tokyo. Akihabara is... an experience. I have a lot of FEELINGS about Akihabara, and not all of them are good, but I don't think I'll go into that too deeply here because this is primarily a picture blog and also because I feel like some of these pictures can illustrate the reasons for my feelings fairly accurately.

The following pictures illustrate what I like about Akihabara.

Arcades!
A guy with a ferret!
Game stores!
All sorts of electronics shops!
The Gundam cafe!

The next pictures (and accompanying video -- watch at your own risk) accurately describe the things I DON'T like about Akihabara:

The commodification of young girls! (Please see here for additional info)

More objectification!

This is why we can't have nice things.

All that aside, though, I did end up having a very enjoyable afternoon with Margaret and Eric, even though I had to leave early because I got a headache (I forgot how NOISY Akihabara is). Here are the remaining pictures from the day!

Wearing my Star Wars shirt to Akiba. LIKE A PRO.

The view upon leaving the train station

We found a shrine!

Another view. It was pretty.
Not sure what I'll be up to next weekend, but I'll probably hit up a museum or go exploring or yarn shopping or something. I'll let you know. :)

1 comment:

  1. >.> <.< The picture "this is why we cant have nice things" is amusing... The one on the left isn't too bad. Although I agree with the dislike. <3 All those game stores would make me go broke!

    ReplyDelete