Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shabu-Shabu in Shibuya!

Hello! I hope everyone's been having a nice week! It's the start of Golden Week, a week with 4 national holidays, so I have the next week off of school. It's rather nice, but this will be my only vacation for the entirety of this semester, and we're only a month in as it is, so that's kind of a bummer.

To celebrate the beginning of our time off, Eric, Margaret, Inga, Jack, and our friend Kenia went to Shibuya for a night out consisting of shabu-shabu and a trip to Baskin Robbins! What with it being a Friday night, it was quite crowded, but that was okay. It was a great way to start our break!

Shibuya: So ridiculously bright that you don't need flash even at 7:00 PM.

People were using umbrellas even though it was only a bit drizzly.

You order more food/drinks using the tablet that Kenia's holding. :)

The place we went to had private booths, unlike the other place we usually go to.

The service here was a lot better, too, so I think we'll go here again!



Pork, beef, and vegetables. So delicious!

After cooking the meat & vegetables, you dip them in ponzu and/or a sesame sauce.





My cone! Chopped chocolate and chocolate caramel cheesecake. Small doubles were on sale. :)



 
Shibuya station, as seen from the busiest crosswalk in the world.

Today Margaret and I went shopping in Jiyuugaoka. We drank green tea floats (which were delicious), and I found a nice flowy skirt that doesn't look ridiculous with my height. There were a lot of sales this weekend because today (April 29) is Showa Day, the first holiday of Golden Week. It was also sunny and quite warm, so it was great to walk around in such nice weather before it starts to get humid. I have a few more adventures lined up for the rest of this week, so please look forward to my next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment