Monday, March 12, 2012

Even the Best Laid Plans...

So I'm back from my little trip to the US. It was really nice being able to see my family and my dog, and then being able to go up to Seattle to see my friends was one of the best things -- I hadn't seen most of my school friends in almost eight months! I'm glad I'm back in Japan, though! Most of my friends from my program are still here -- many people have decided to travel during our two-month break instead of going home to visit their families. Though some people have been lucky enough to have their families come to visit them!!


On Saturday, I met up with Amie again. We had been talking about visiting an amusement park before I left; we wanted to ride all of the roller coasters. We made plans to go visit Yomiuri Land, just outside of Tokyo, and ride the roller coasters there!

Unfortunately, it rained on Saturday, and as a result, most of the attractions were closed. And it was cold. Really, really cold. So cold, that we called it a day early (11:00 AM!) and decided to head to Inokashira Park in Kichijoji, where we could go to a tea house and have cherry blossom tea, since it's almost time for the cherry blossoms to bloom.

Until we got to Kichijoji and found out that the tea house was closed, so we ended up looking around Inokashira Park for a bit (we yelled at some carp) and then we ate lunch at a Starbucks.

We've decided to get our "revenge" on Yomiuri Land by going to Tokyo Disney Sea the day after my next placement test because Amie's never been(!!!) before. We're going to go full Disney -- mouse ears, stupid pictures, and we'll even splurge on fast passes so we can go on rides without waiting hours on end. I'm excited!!!

The view right from the Keio Yomiuri Land Station exit. Up ahead is the gondola station.

My gondola tickets
 
You have to take a gondola to the top of the hill to enter the park.


The view from the way up!

Yomiuri Land has three large roller coasters.

I wanted to ride the wooden coaster but it was closed. :(

So was the orange one.

I found Pikachu!

We had a quick bite at an American-themed restaurant.

It was a bit surreal.

Flowers are starting to bloom! I can't wait for spring!

Birds at Inokashira Park.

Ducks!!!

We yelled at these carp. Because they have ugly faces and they're rude.

They kept expecting us to feed them. How rude.

In two days, Margaret and I are off to Kyoto! I'll make sure to take lots of pictures -- I'll probably make an update a day or two after I come back. Get ready, though, because it's going to be a GIANT post. (Get excited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment