Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 2012: A Brief Summary (With Pictures!)

I am DREADFULLY sorry about the long absence; January was the last month of our semester, and I've pretty much been doing nothing but studying all day every day. As such, I didn't really do anything interesting this month. I think I left the dorm on the weekends... twice. And that was to go to the grocery store. Surely, I am the most interesting woman in the world.



Anyway, now that the semester is done, I'm very much looking forward to the two whole months I have off from classes. Starting TOMORROW (January 30), I will be heading back to the US for a whole month, so there won't be any updates from me during that time in all likelihood (because come on, who wants to hear about me sitting around and studying for next semester's placement test while all my friends are in classes?), but, oh dear readers, please don't miss me too much. I'll be back in March with a GRAND adventure, which I suppose I can tell you a little about so you have something to look forward to...

In March, Margaret and I will be heading to Kyoto and Nara for a few days of sightseeing. We've already got our hotel booked, and we'll be reserving our tickets on the Shinkansen very soon! I'm super excited, so I hope you all look forward to those posts. We'll be traveling from March 14-18, and our hotel has internet, so I may be able to post every night we're there. If not, expect some extra-long posts upon our return! :)

Just in case  you were worried that I didn't take any pictures at all, never fear! I present to you, the January 2012 set of photos, taken oh-so-expertly with a cell phone camera (resulting in lower quality pictures than you're used to... you guys are WAY too spoiled :P).
Last Tuesday (1/24), it snowed a bit!

We still had school, even though it was quite icy!

On Wednesday, to celebrate the end of the semester, my class went to lunch together!

We ate at an izakaya near our school.

Kao-san, me, and Hui-san!

It was a pretty tasty lunch!
  
Enzo, Joakim, and Michi

I'm terribly sorry that I'm leaving you all for another month, but I promise to return soon with pictures of some of the oldest places in all of Japan. I hope that makes up for it! :)

1 comment: