Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In Which Nothing Interesting Happens (Again)

Bad news in Japanland, everyone. My room's hot-water heater seems to be broken, leaving me to a lukewarm shower in 34 degree weather with no heating. Naturally, I didn't figure this out until I actually got IN the shower, resulting in one of the least pleasant experiences of my life. I take back everything I've said about how awful showering at camp was with the old water heater... At least then it was warmer than 34 degrees out.

I'm now in bed, wearing two pairs of pants and two shirts in order to warm up. My productivity today wasn't quite as great as I'd been hoping it would be. I was derailed by an assignment taking way longer than necessary and the sudden onset of a lovely Sneaky Hate Spiral, during which time I broke my only dinner plate while putting away my homework, so I wasn't able to get myself to start on the essay I have to turn in on Thursday evening... Oh well. I guess I'll find a time to write it tomorrow or Thursday morning (though that would be less than desirable).

I had a test on Monday, so I spent my Sunday studying. Saturday was a bit stressful; I tried to pack in too many things for one day on top of some prearranged Skyping and I just wasn't able to do it all, so I spent my Sunday morning grocery shopping and cleaning. Margaret and I spent Saturday morning hitting Omotesando, where a really famous toy store called Kiddyland is located, and we did some shopping for our charity shoebox project. I bought my child a Mario doll, some Legos, and UNO! :)

Speaking of that, I'm real behind on my scarf, which is concerning because I need to turn it in on the 8th. I'm planning on spending some time tonight working on it, so then I can feel a bit more productive and hopefully get that squared away so I can start working on the scarf I'm making for myself again. It's starting to get cold and running around all over the place without a scarf is NOT my favorite way to travel.

The test on Monday went well, I think! It was a bit stressful at first, since I've been following all of the Packers games on my phone, and for the first time all season the game hadn't finished before my test started. Fortunately, though, the Pack pulled through right as I finished the test!!!

I'm kind of running out of things to talk about, so I guess I'll just end it here. No idea as to what's going to go down this weekend; I may end up meeting up with one of my friends from high school who's actually going to be starting at Keio as a freshman in the spring, but we shall see how scheduling works out. Worse comes to worse, I may go buy some more tights and also hit the Lush in Yokohama -- it's dry skin season! (Boo.)

2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow will be better. How do you go about getting the heater fixed? Mantainance from campus? Good luck with that. I know cold and it aint fun. Stay in the bed and do the knitting? Love Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 71 today in Williamsburg, VA! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete