Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mini-Post Wednesday: Let's Go to the Kurihama Perry Festival

Today is just a mini-post because I woke up at 4:30 this morning to pick up Dad from Narita Airport and then spent 8ish hours tromping around Tokyo in improper footwear and now I'm sore and tired so bed is sounding really good soon, especially since Dad and I are off to Nikko early tomorrow morning.

It's summer, which means it's festival season, so what better way to close out the school year than the Kurihama Perry Festival?



Kurihama is where Matthew C. Perry landed in order to begin the first negotiations for the opening of Japan. The Kurihama Perry Festival commemorates that landing. Since Kurihama is in Yokosuka, it wasn't that unusual to see members of the US military walking around the festival.


Yakitori! The perfect festival food.



So many food and game stalls!


Kakigori! Yay!


Kenia and me!

I'm very excited about this churro. It's covered in cocoa powder. It's exciting.
 And that's your mini-post! Sorry for the short one, but it's going to be a very busy week. I'll make sure to take lots of photos though! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment