Monday, October 10, 2011

Yagami Campus Festival!

Sorry for the absence -- last week was very, very busy! This weekend was a three-day weekend, so I was able to relax and recover a bit, and I also made it to the Yagami Campus Festival!

 Yagami Campus is the campus where the science and engineering departments of Keio University are located. Because the original campus, Mita Campus, is located in the middle of Tokyo, there really wasn't any room to expand when it became necessary, so Keio University is made up of eleven campuses. Every major campus puts on its own festival during the school year, where there are all sorts of attractions, food vendors, performances by various circles (which is what clubs are called here), and the Yagami Festival even had a small flea market!

The front steps were decorated for the festival!

This map was the coolest -- if you pressed one of the buttons on the attraction list in front of the map, the way to that attraction would light up!

They had Turkish ice cream! It stretches!

There was a Where's Waldo game -- these kids found Waldo!

And there was a maze. The walls were decorated with drawings of Pokemon.

SHARK ATTACK!

I had so much fun that night! I can't wait for the Mita Campus festival in November -- that's the campus where I study and also the main school festival, and it's apparently a really exciting week!

The day after the festival, Inga and I went running around downtown Yokohama, which is a lot quieter than I thought it would be. Anyway, I got a pair of the best pajama pants ever for about $15 and they're both adorable and comfortable.
I also enjoyed some green tea gelato!
 On the way home, I realized that nobody who reads this really has much of an idea as to what my neighborhood looks like, so I took some pictures for you!

The gate says the name of our street. This is the view heading toward the train station (which you can see just through the gate)!
There was a band performing in the music store on our street. They were really talented!

And finally, home sweet home! This is the front of our dorm!
This week should be just as busy, though much shorter -- because of the long weekend, I only have 4 days of classes. Furthermore, on Saturday we're heading to the country with some of our co-workers from camp to celebrate Inga's 20th birthday with a trip to an onsen and a barbecue! I can't wait, and I'll make sure to take my camera! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have to be a douche first and say that the gate doesn't say "Hiyoshi honchou" it says "Hiyoshi chuuou doori".

    Cool to see/read about the festival since I didn't make it out there. :( I'll have to make up for it at the Mita festival instead I guess!

    /Joe from class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try to take one of the Pokemon on the walls home? >.> <.< Also, YOU FOUND WALDO! And stuffs. It looks like a lot of fun! Hmm maybe I should save up money and run away to Japan... Who needs a masters anyway XP


    ps: I feel like a creeper when I comment anonymously... but it amuses... >.> <.< YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHO I AM!!! Bwahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting for a picture of your fabulous PJ's. Also, onsen+BBQ weekend sounds like so much fun; I'm uber jealous right now...take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like all is going well. Caroline was here last weekend and we celebrated Emily's Andrew's wife and Noba's Birthday. She left for the Artic. We miss you. Love and Kisses.

    Noba and Poppie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from the cabin in Breckenridge CO. Love your blog. It is very interesting to see where you live and what adventures you are taking. You are so blessed to have this opportunity that you will carry with you all your life! AUNT Beth

    ReplyDelete